LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum

Re: Return address verification feature

Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>

Forum on LISTSERV release 1.7

Mon, 15 Mar 1993 21:38:48 +0100

On Mon,  15 Mar 1993  12:47:31 -0500 Paul  Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>I hope there  is the ability to exclude this  mandate for some networks,
>especially those that charge for outbound messages (hint, hint).

No, especially as the networks you have in mind are what I would classify
as problem networks. If you really cannot pay for one extra message, mail
the list owner and ask to be added.

>One  question: Why  can't  the  confirmation message  be  routed with  a
>command  job in  it, so  that if  the original  confirmation message  is
>bounced, it will simply sign the user off the list quiet.

Because 99%  of problem  networks return unintelligible  delivery errors,
and the last thing they would do is include the original message.

  Eric