Well, the main problem is not the wizard per se.  The problem is that in most if not all LISTSERV list header keywords, the comma means "next value/parameter follows".

So when you do something like the following (even from the manual edit window):

Owner= [log in to unmask] (Joe Schlabotnik, 999-999-9999)

LISTSERV internally tries to parse this as two list owners, i.e.,

Owner= [log in to unmask] (Joe Schlabotnik
Owner= 999-999-9999)

The parentheses don't have any special meaning to LISTSERV.  You could just as easily define this as

Owner= [log in to unmask] Joe Schlabotnik - 999-999-9999

because LISTSERV stops reading the email address at the space and treats the rest to the end of the line (or to the next comma) as a "real name" field.

As has already been noted, the way to get around this is to use a different character for the separator, or (my preference) don't use a separator at all:

Owner= [log in to unmask] (Joe Schlabotnik 999-999-9999)

Nathan