We’ve just upgraded to v16 and have one list owner/editor who is having issues sending anything to the list he owns. Just can’t figure out the issue.

His email address has a special character, an apostrophe, in it but it also has an smtp alternate defined within his outlook profile without the ‘ character. We have both the smtp addresses set up in the list configuration file as owner/editor. He’s also a subscriber with “posting” rights to his own list under both the smtp addresses – xx’[log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask].

But when he attempts to send an posting to his list he gets the:

You  are not  authorized to  send mail  to LISTNAMEREMOVED list  from your [log in to unmask] account. You  might be authorized to  post to the list  from  another account,  or  perhaps  when  using another  mail  program configured to use a different email  address. However, LISTSERV has no way to associate this other account or address with yours. If you need assistance or if you  have any questions  regarding the  policy of the  RSC-LEAD-OH04 list, please contact the list owners at LISTNAMEREMOVED.

Just not sure why he wasn’t having any issues with the previous older version we had running and now that we upgraded to v16, he’s unable to post to the list.

Any help or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David