Hello list,

I am moving lists from a windows to a linux implementation of Listserv. I only have the .LIST and .LOG* from the windows server. The e-mail domain of the lists also changes, but the list names remain the same.

Question 1: Everything works fine but obviously in the archive the old mail addresses are still present. Would it be advisable, for any reason, to modify the archives and replace the old address with the new address? (I can do this easily using sed since the archive files are all text files)

As a side note: this works fine, there are just some small peculiarities. Is it worthwile if I send my procedure + perhaps some scripting I use to this list for future reference?

I also got a request to rename a number of lists.
Question 2:
Is it sufficient to:
- Rename the .list file
- Modify the content of the .list file: replace all occurences of the old name with the new name
- Rename the notebook directory and all *.log* files
(and enter the correct name in the aliases file of course)
This worked in my tests...

Thanks!
Lucas

"Sapere aude!"