Perhaps similar Pete's line of thinking, why change history?  I'd not change anything unless a significant number of people would be replying directly from those archives ... something that, from a distance, seems unlikely.

Be careful about editing the ".list" file, as portions of it have information in specific columns (the subscriber lines) and all have width limitations, as I recall.

Also, as I recall, the web pages/indexes will be rebuilt automatically at the next Listserv restart, but there may be a way
to force this.

You may want to do a search of the archives to make sure the indexes are rebuilt and the files are readable.

Cheers, Wayne

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote, in part:
This is just an off-hand remark:

Why bother changing the archive mail addresses?  Anyone who is proficient enoughto find the mail
archives should be able to figure out that the list archive host is different.
On 11/30/2012 11:38, L.W. van Braam van Vloten wrote:
> Question 1: Everything works fine but obviously in the archive the old mail addresses are still
> present. Would it be advisable, for any reason, to modify the archives and replace the old address
> with the new address? (I can do this easily using sed since the archive files are all text files)

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1