Sorry. I guess I didn't explain fully.

We found that malformed addresses were clogging our queue. The worst ones appeared to be in this format:

A Name <[log in to unmask]>,

But there were other offenders. So I wrote a little parser for the *.list files on the server which goes through the lists one by one and looks for malformed addresses. It skips the header lines and goes straight to the subscription list. Most of the email addresses I saw looked either like this:

A Name <[log in to unmask]>

or like this:

[log in to unmask]

However, somehow a variety of malformed addresses sneak in from time to time. Most of those are obviously not going to work, but the three types I've isolated are not, on their face, necessarily invalid. I strongly believe that <[log in to unmask]> will have the brackets stripped, less strongly believe that AName<[log in to unmask]> will have a space inserted and correctly parsed, and am pessimistic but uncertain about the possibilities of [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> working.

I've tried to create a test list, but it turns out these malformed addresses are kind of hard to get into the system. I could probably figure something out, but the obvious approaches aren't working, so I thought I'd see if other folks had faced this.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I've looked at your question and responses and I guess I don't fully understand.  On each of the addresses (examples) that your provided, my current version of Thunderbird was used to click on each and each generated a valid TO: in an email composition.

What is a 'list file?' and how was that created?

Maybe a test list could be used to confirm processing on your system?

Pete Weiss

On 11/6/2013 09:51, John Adams wrote:
Yes, I did get that last one wrong. And they were deliberately rewritten (which is why that one was wrong) so as to not expose any of our users' addresses.

My question is whether these three formats in a list file would work, if [log in to unmask] were a valid email address:

<[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Name<[log in to unmask]>

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L&A=1

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L&A=1