My earlier musing about turning off the Auto-Delete function was intended as a temporary solution while ListServ/PeachEase and the major e-mail providers work out a solution….  Auto-Delete is useful for disabling abandoned e-mail accounts and such.

I’ve been thinking about another approach (I have 2 more days before Auto-Delete kicks in for the monitored accounts).

I’m considering setting the affected subscribers to “NOMAIL” and notifying them (via a separate e-mail, since ListServ generated messages aren’t getting through to them….).  They would still be able to post, but would have to read posts via the website.  Or they could consider changing e-mail providers.

This could be reversed if a better solution is worked out by the industry.  Or do e-mail providers just not care that these decisions negatively affect ListServ users?  Are we seeing the first indication that ListServ is an outdated technology, in this age of Facebook, Twitter, and other “social media” for staying connected?

Bill Schults
Co-list-owner, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>