Try 'REVIEW listname (RECIPIENTS' (or just RCPT). This cascades into the sub-lists and enumerates all recipients.

  Eric

Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 13:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Dynamic Queries

LISTSERV manuals say that you cannot "test" a dynamic query to get a result list within the product. The manual suggests running the query from a command line prompt in DOS or Unix. I'm curious if anyone found a work around to actually do the test.

I've been reading the Advanced Topics Manual, Section 8 "Dynamic Queries."  There's mention of a DYN_QUERY_EXIT variable that allows a list manager to dump query results to a text file.

QUESTION: Is it possible to construct a list in such a way that LISTSERV won't actually send a message but still perform the DYN_QUERY to an LDAP server to see what recipient would receive the message without actually sending it? I'm thinking along the lines of placing the dynamic query in the Editor= header and then send from a non-editor address that fails. Would that accomplish my goal?

Looking for suggestions and/or advice. Thanks!

matthew black

california state university, long beach