As I move my organization closer to implementing DMARC, I would like to know more details about the DMARC update to LISTSERV that was released in spring of 2014.

Is the patch hard-coded specifically for list senders with @YAHOO.COM e-mail addresses? Or is the patch more general in nature, in that it examines DNS records _dmarc.example.com (for the sender's domain) with a p=reject policy to rewrite using a proxy address? I would like more details as to how long LISTSERV maintains proxy addresses and whether system administrators can see the database?

Any insight about the update (patch) would be appreciated. Apologies if details were published, I just don't README explaining everything.

Cheers!

matthew black

california state university, long beach