I have a couple of lists for my club set up as:

general membership (bvbk)
the club's board of directors (bvbk-bod)

I want to set the membership list up such that it has

* Owner= me
* Owner = Quiet:
* Owner= (bvbk-bod)

However, when I try to use this, I get an error message of:
The following problems have been detected in the list header:

* Owner= ...,(BVBK-BOD)
Error: Only the LISTSERV administrator can add "(BVBK-BOD)" to the "Owner="
keyword.

I know I can contact the Listserv admin.  But my question is WHY is this setting restricted to only the Listserv admin?
--
Chris Barnes
Public Policy Research Institute