Dear LSTOWN-L readers,

Thanks for the responses.  To clarify: it's not that files are not wanted on the list.  Sometimes, sending a file can be appropriate.  My concern is that, when someone does send a file, then some poor subscriber will suffer as a result, either by not having that message delivered by the local server, or (worse) by having their subscription to the list blocked so that they no longer receive any messages.   Maybe the DMARC situation applies here (any further word on that, anyone?!)

Someone sent a file as an attachment to a post to the list, and I thought it should have gone directly to the person it was intended for, rather than to the list.  I wondered about sending a gentle reminder to the list, with text similar to the above.  But then I also wondered whether circumstances have changed enough that the above no longer applies.  Hence my inquiry to LSTOWN-L.

Sincerely - Ian

Ian Fairclough

George Mason University

703-993-2938

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link: