Thank you, both for the quick reply and the correct answer. I am in your debt.

Larry
On Jul 11, 2016, at 12:07 PM, Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 11:57:49 -0400, Larry Finch said:

I’m upgrading from v 14 to v 16, however, the install script reports that it
can’t find an ldap library. Openldap is installed on our Fedora 17 server, but

  gcc -O -lldap

returns a “not found” error. Our openldap package is shown below.

You have the openldap RPM installed, which lets you run previously compiled and
linked programs that use the ldap libraries, but don't have openldap-devel
installed, which is needed to compile/link new programs.

'yum install openldap-devel'  should fix your problem.

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:

Larry Finch