There is no doubt that participation in email-based listserv discussion is
down. I attribute this largely to the fact that today most people read and
write on their smartphones rather than on their desktops, which is more
conducive to short missives more appropriate for the Twitter/Facebook
universe.

I have kept my list active by soliciting pieces and encouraging responses.
I have also created a Facebook group and Twitter feed that reference the
longer on-list discussion.

Shalom

Rabbi Shalom Z. Berger, Ed.D.
The Lookstein Center for Jewish Education
Bar-Ilan University
http://www.lookstein.org
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lookjed/
Follow me on Twitter: @szberger