Hi,

One of my list owners is getting a delivery error report like I’ve included at the bottom of this email.

Note: I’ve changed the actual email address that is reported in the error, to be “RemovedToShareWithForum…”.

The odd thing is that the real email address that is being reported doesn’t seem to ever have been a subscriber, owner, etc on the list (and it is a Closed list).

Also, I’ve used NotePad++ to search all of the ListServ and SMTP error logs on the server and the email address is not found in any of them.

Q. How / why would listserv be trying to distribute an email to this person, if they are not on the List?

The list owner is confused (as am I) and wants an explanation…

Thanks in Advance,

Brent

The following address is currently being monitored: (Remember, some addresses may not be subscribers.)

Err First Last Address
Last error: 5.0.0 550 RCPT TO:< RemovedToShareWithForum @uol.com.br> User
unknown

Err= Number of delivery errors received thus far
First= Date first delivery error was received (mm/dd) Last= Date of most current delivery error (mm/dd)

Subscribers will be automatically deleted from the list when delivery errors have been reported for a period of 4 days or more, or when more than 100 delivery errors have been received, whichever occurs first.
Monitoring will cease after 5 days without any reported errors.

Note: Manually deleted subscribers may remain on the monitoring report under an alias address. Such entries will expire eventually. You do not need to do anything about them.

Thanks,

Brent