If, in your list header, you have ACK set in your default-options, then each subsequent subscriber will get that option set in their subscription options.  This will not retroactively affect any current subscribers; you will need to adjust the subscribers’ options to effect that change.

You can also set ACK= YES in your list header.  This will send an ACK message to senders of the list who are NOT subscribers ie. those listed via SEND= or OWNER=.

Cheers,

Tad

Date: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 8:20 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Setting up LSOFT to send a confirmation message to a sender?

Hello all,

Can someone help me figure out how to configure the listserv to send a confirmation message to a sender so s/he can know that the message they sent to a listserv actually was distributed to that list's subscribers?

And in that vain, must a sender be subscribed in order to receive the kind of confirmation message I am describing above?

Also: I have my lists manually set up to ACK, but that doesn't seem to always work.

I know very little about the LSOFT software, and I find the documentation incredibly dense and difficult to wade through to find what I am looking for. I am a very "beginner" level user, so if you have any help to offer please keep that in mind.

Thanks so much,

Tara

Tulane University
School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
Communications
504.988.1605

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link:

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link: