I have been using Thunderbird for some time.  When I saw Pete's first message, I checked which version I was running, and it updated to 52.4.0.  I used it to respond to Pete's most recent message below.  It entered the Reply-To: (list) address in the To: field both when I used "Reply" and "Reply All".  These are the relevant lines from the header of Pete's message as I received it:

Date:         Tue, 10 Oct 2017 20:05:15 -0400
Reply-To:     LISTSERV List Owners' Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:       LISTSERV List Owners' Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [LSTOWN-L] Thunderbird =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=94_Notes_=2852.4.0=29_=E2=80=94_?=Mozilla
To:           [log in to unmask]

It did not enter the From: address from the previous message as the To: address, as the note in Pete's original message described. I don't know why Thunderbird would have released the description it did, but that is not the way the program appears to be working currently.

Clark Pickett

On 10/10/2017 8:05 PM, Pete Weiss wrote:
[log in to unmask]"> Hard to say since my usual view of email headers which does  display all (of them) did not show the REPLY-TO (if any).

BUT my reading of this one-line note indicated that IF a REPLY-TO were present, previous versions of Thunderbird's REPLY would honor it.  Not sure what exactly happened with a REPLY-ALL.

HAVING SAID THAT, a few weeks ago I tried a beta version and the REPLY mechanism was different yet (basically, a dropdown list).

On 10/10/2017 19:46, Russell Hunt wrote:
[log in to unmask]">

I guess Thunderbird doesn’t think we ought to subscribe to listserv lists, eh? Like Outlook (where both “Reply” and “Reply All” give me only the list address). What was “the previous behaviour” that we could restore?

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L&A=1

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L&A=1