We have been hit with a rash of spam with the email addresses of subscribers with Verizon/Oath brands (AOL and Yahoo). I have put everyone with those brands on review. With >10k total subscribers, it's quite a headache. >1000 are now being reviewed for spam. Only subscribers can post to the list, and the subscriber base is not accessible below listowner level. I fully believe the subscribers whose accounts are being used to post (only 1 post per subscriber at this time) were hacked or their accounts were spoofed.
  Here's the core question: Once the spam is distributed, can I stop it from going out in the digest? >90% of our subscribers receive the digest.  Removing the spam from the archives does not prevent it from being distributed with the digest.  Consequently we now have dozens of ISPs treating our listserver as the primary spammer and flatly refusing to deliver our messages.
  Thanks for any help.
Carter Schroy

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link: