Consult your site administrator about their viewpoint on using the keyword, before you add the line to your list header.

Your choice of interval depends on how busy the list subscribers are (join, leave, SET), and how often you think you might want to review the history. I favor monthly, myself. The changelog is described here: https://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/listkeyw.html

If you don't have a changelog and you are not receiving the DEMR either, you're left clueless about the status of your subscriber population over time.