Thanks Pete

Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 10:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LSTOWN-L] confirm email

On 3/15/2019 10:08, Crovo, Bob wrote:

Should I infer that the sender sent a confirmation every time that they sent me mail via that address? I would have thought that would have been a red flag for them. Or at least an inconvenience that they would not have wanted to pursue.

Yes: the confirmation is done either via an email REPLY or a clicked URL.

The listname-REQUEST address is for all non-quiet list-owners (of the list).

If you ever change the non-quiet list-owners, you don't have to inform the world.

This is the recognized LISTSERV(R) standard for contact a list's owner(s).

If you were to disable that, what would be the proper method for folks to contact the (non-quiet) list-owner(s) with questions or concerns?

For folks emailing you directly, e., [log in to unmask], of course they don't go through the confirmation.  When you email them your REPLY from their posting to -REQUEST, it is coming directly from you.

Pete
(sometimes a quiet: list-owner)

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link:

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link: