Would Listserv Lite be an option? The archives could be stored there and accessed. The entire list could be moved there if there are 500 or fewer subscribers.

Have you looked into low-cost or free options? Depending on the topic of your list, there may be umbrella groups that host lists that fall under their mission. For example, I help to manage ICORS, which hosts lists that fall under health, disability, family, or education. http://icors.net

Karen Reznek