On Feb 9, 2021, at 12:13 PM, David Collantes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

We recently created a list, and used the wrong path for its notebook. I have moved the notebook to the right location, but the archives are broken now with message:

“The archive files could not be accessed, either because the list does not have Web-accessible archives or because they are being updated. If you know that the list has Web archives, please try again in about 30 seconds, and report the problem if it persists for more than a few minutes. The file that could not be opened is '/old/list/notebook/path/listname.log2019' and the error code was 2 (No such file or directory).”

How one forces the archives to be rebuilt afresh?

Go under ’Server Administration’ or ’List Management’ to ‘LISTSERV Command’ and issue this command:

reindex both listname

replacing ‘listname’ with the name of the mailing list. It should then rebuild both its internal index of the archives, and the web interface files related to the mailing list.

If any errors result, then you can investigate those further — but hopefully this will take care of it.

-jwgh