Sent: Monday, August 30, 2021 08:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Rejected Email - again

Unfortunately, that bounce is coming from the recipient’s mail service; LISTSERV is only the messenger.  The only way to solve it is to have the recipient find out from Apple how to whitelist you (though according to the information at that link, they don’t do that), or otherwise circumvent the “local policy” referred to in the message.  I would encourage you to read the information at that link and find out whether or not your LISTSERV installation meets the various requirements it discusses.

Note that “local policy” could mean that the user(s) inadvertently blocked you by hitting the “this is spam” button instead of the “next message” button (or whatever).  Unfortunately it’s completely unclear from the error message exactly what is happening.  (Your server could have been blocked by Apple because of other reasons considered “local policy” as well.)

In answer to your question about others seeing it, so far I haven’t seen anything like that on my own lists.

Nathan