Nathan,

We just heard back from Apple!! They wrote

Thank you for your message. We have investigated your report and made appropriate changes. Please try resending and let us know if you still encounter the issue.

No indication as to what those changes were, but hopefully, this will resolve it. I will let you know.

Nelson

From: LISTSERV List Owners' Forum <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Nathan Brindle
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2021 08:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Rejected Email - again

Unfortunately, that bounce is coming from the recipient’s mail service; LISTSERV is only the messenger.  The only way to solve it is to have the recipient find out from Apple how to whitelist you (though according to the information at that link, they don’t do that), or otherwise circumvent the “local policy” referred to in the message.  I would encourage you to read the information at that link and find out whether or not your LISTSERV installation meets the various requirements it discusses.

Note that “local policy” could mean that the user(s) inadvertently blocked you by hitting the “this is spam” button instead of the “next message” button (or whatever).  Unfortunately it’s completely unclear from the error message exactly what is happening.  (Your server could have been blocked by Apple because of other reasons considered “local policy” as well.)

In answer to your question about others seeing it, so far I haven’t seen anything like that on my own lists.

Nathan

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2021 5:26 PM
To: LSTOWN-L <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Rejected Email - again

Hi,

More rejected email problems. Beginning on 8/26, Mail to perhaps half of list subscribers from mac.com, me.com, icloud.com , is being bounced with messages like

Last error: 5.7.1 554 5.7.1 [CS01] Message rejected due to

local policy. Please visit

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204137

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Thanks!
Nelson

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L&A=1