Jacob,

Thanks for that info and suggestion, I was planning on trying that. Not that it matters past this evening (I’m upgrading to V17.0 tonight after business hours), but the “Search Options:” is the header above "All Moderated Lists”, and (after clicking on that, and hitting “Refresh”), “All Moderators”."

Steven J Depinet  Systems Administrator, Sr.
[log in to unmask] Information Technology Services
(928) 523-6843Northern Arizona University

On Oct 1, 2021, at 8:10 AM, Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On Sep 30, 2021, at 8:38 PM, Steven J Depinet <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks again for your attention, especially, Jacob,

Could that “difference” in email addresses go so far as to including case sensitivity?

Ie: In the list header, the Moderator= All,[log in to unmask],[log in to unmask], etc. is specified with the first letter of his name capitalized, and the Listserv log shows the confirmation request being sent to [log in to unmask].
However, when he logged into the Web Interface, he signed in as: [log in to unmask], which is also reflected in the Listserv log. So his X-LOGIN was all lowercase, but the Moderator keyword uses capital letters for the first letter of his first name and the first letter of his last hame. I’ve confirmed that Listserv doesn’t care about case sensitivity while logging in, but does it matter when comparing to the Moderator keyword? 

In some circumstances, LISTSERV does pay attention to the case of an email address’s local part (that is, the part before the @), as the relevant standards do consider email addresses to potentially be distinct even if they only differ by case. (The domain part of the email address is required to be treated case insensitively, though.)

With that said, I wouldn’t expect LISTSERV to care about the case of a logged-in email address, in terms of determining what rights that address has.

With that said, I think it’s worth trying out changing the ‘Moderator=‘ setting so that the email address’s case matches what they’re using when they log in, to see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then great — and, if not, then you’ve at least eliminated that as a possible factor. They might have to log out and back in after you make the change.

I still don’t understand why he doesn’t get the “Search Options”…

I’m using LISTSERV 17.0, which I don’t think uses the same language as the version you’re using (at least, I don’t see ’Search Options’ on the moderation page anywhere).

-jwgh

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list, click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1