Thankfulness is in focus, as it rightly should be every day, so this month's blog post is dedicated to you, the global LISTSERV® community.

Thank you ... to all of you subscribers, who participate in discussion groups, read newsletters, stay informed via announcement and alert mailings and join communities of support, knowledge, help and hope. You are the reason LISTSERV email lists exist.

"GSI is truly a patient-driven organization, held together by the bonds of our email groups, which serve as our support system."

Ginger Sawyer
Board Member and Treasurer
GSI (Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Support International)

Thank you ... to all of you list owners, who determine the purpose, policies and parameters for the email lists you manage, answer subscribers' questions, implement best practices and manage key day-to-day tasks. You are the reason LISTSERV email lists are still going strong, for 35 years and counting.

"Social media and newer emerging tech replacing LISTSERV? I don't think so."

Melissa Jacobs
List Owner
NYCSLIST, Email Forum for New York City School Librarians

Thank you ... to all of you site administrators, who handle site configurations and customizations, monitor site traffic and perform important functions. You are the reason LISTSERV lists run smoothly.

"We organized two scientific seminars with leading scientists and got support from six green organizations. We broke a world record with the surfing protest circle of 992 people, gathering attention to our struggle."

Moshe Barak
HomeLand Guardians Activist & LISTSERV Administrator Since 1986

Thank you for reading this blog. Please feel welcome to share your LISTSERV stories.

To support you and your colleagues, we are launching a "Learn LISTSERV" email communications course in 2022. This self-paced online course is free and open to anyone who would like to build LISTSERV knowledge and skills. It covers the three primary roles of subscriber, list owner and site administrator.

Stay tuned, and meanwhile, Happy Thanksgiving!