We intended to return mail that attempts to traverse PSUVAX1 from BITNET to
UUCP.  My concern is that most LISTSERV lists appear to put the list address
in Sender: and Reply-to: headers and do not include an Errors-to: header.
My mailer will dutifully send an error message back to one of these
addresses. Which will be the original list if there is no Errors-to: header.

My question is "What does a LISTSERV do with mail from 'mailer-daemon' or
'postmaster'?".  If the answer is "Nothing special", there is a potential
for swamping BITNET as these error messages are sent by LISTSERV to the
original 'bad' addresses on the list.  I can munge the return address to
send it back to POSTMAST@WHEREVER instead of LISTNAME@WHATEVER if this is
the case.  Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.
--
Dan Ehrlich - Sr. Systems Programmer - Penn State Computer Science
<[log in to unmask]>/Voice: +1 814 863 1142/FAX: +1 814 865 3176