On Fri, 11 Dec 1992 12:23:35 EST Greg Kroll <USDGK@VTVM1> said:

>3)  I then  tried: a)  saving the  <listname> WELCOME  file as  a normal
>   FILELIST file which
>      means it was placed on the <listname> CMS userid.

Uh??? How  would LISTSERV do that,  the list userids don't  normally have
any minidisk where this could be stored.

>   b) saving the <listname> WELCOME file on LISTSERV's 191 disk.

This doesn't work, the WELCOME file is a *LISTSERV* file, not a CMS file.
You manipulate it with GET and PUT  rather than COPYFILE. It is just like
meeting minutes or anything else you'd make available to the list.

  Eric