Joe Moore <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> I LOVE the digest feature and so do many of my 'clients'.  I do,
> however have a question.  Why no Reply-To: field?  I can somewhat
> understand the From: field being LISTSERV instead of the list, but
> the combination of these two makes it very difficult to reply to
> digests.  Thanks for listening.

It depends on the packager.  If you read the digest created as the
comp.dcom.telecom news group as Telecom Digest, if someone supplies a
"reply-to" address it will be in the individual message.

The reason is, in theory, if I understand it, that you would send out two
messages; one to the list (for everyone to read) and one to the individual
writer alone.  The Digest format gives you the ability to respond to
either or both modes.