On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Roger Fajman wrote:

> One thing that would benefit both the email and web interfaces that as
> far as I know L-Soft isn't planning is a way to feed LISTSERV
> information about the equivalence of email addresses.

When we moved our list from a site running Listproc to a site running
Listserv, my co-owner and I were surprised to find out that the otherwise
much more powerful and comprehensive Listserv offers no way to alias
addresses. That was a really handy feature of Listproc. We work around the
problem now by subscribing all the alternate addresses and setting them to
nomail. It's clunky, but it's better than nothing.