Ruth Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:59:26 -0500
Thanks - that was indeed the problem- the password was included as
part of the name.

Is there a way to globally change the name associated with an email
address? (This person is subscribed to over 20 lists.)  I looked at
the change * command but I did not see the syntax for changing the
name.

Thanks once again,
Ruth

>On 3/12/01 6:44 PM, Ruth Levine <[log in to unmask]> wrote...
>
> >I unsubscribed someone from a list and the actual listserv password
> >was included in the Removal Message sent by Listserv.
> >
> >What do we have to do so the password is not shown in the message?
> >
> >Here is what was included in the removal message.
> >You  have been  removed from  the WEBGRRLS-CHARLOTTE-NC-A  list (Announce
> >List   for  Charlotte,   NC  Webgrrls)   by  "Nelly   Yusupova
> >        PW=actual password"
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
>
>Looks like at some point you issued a SUBSCRIBE command and included the
>Password when it wasn't needed, so LISTSERV put it in as part of your
>name. Just issue a new SUBSCRIBE command and that will be fixed.
>
>ie:
>
>     SUB WEBGRRLS-CHARLOTTE-NC-A Nelly Yusupova
>

>--
>Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
>[log in to unmask] | Finger/Web for PGP
>[log in to unmask] | http://www.lull.org/adam/