Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:56:21 -0500
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Kraly, Laura wrote:
> I have been reading the archives but am still unclear as to how I view
> details of messages that I have posted to the List. I am set to receive an
> acknowledgement of my postings; however the information given in that e-mail
> only says that the posting was successful. How do I also preview the number
> of recipients there were in addition to whether or not it was successfully
> posted?

If all you want to know is the current raw total of subscriptions, send:
REV listname SHORT NOH
to your hostsite listserv@xxxxxx  address.

The report given in the ACK is, or used to be, misleading in that it
only reports the number of subscribers set MAIL, it doesn't count those
set DIGEST, INDEX or NOMAIL.  All my lists have the default NOACK.

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]