Debra Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:28:34 +10
I probably shouldnt add my 2 cents worth but that's never stopped me in the
past..... probably because this type of subject hits a nerve...

correct me if I am wrong, but arent all list owners  providing a service to
their subscribers regardless of what type of mailer they use?... isnt that what
lists are about?.... providing an area where, regardless of what mailer you
use or how you like to format your text, you can communicate with others about
a specific or generic subject of interest?

what if list administrators suddenly decided that list owners who cant get
their heads wrapped around the idea of the OK confirm mechanism should just be
denied access to running lists because it causes inconveniences at their end?
or what if a software company should suddenly decide that they dont like or
understand why one of their users is requesting certain information or
services from them, banning the person or company would be kind of self
defeating....

too much of the information technology  industry seems to be wrapped around
wingeing about how users are a pain, software is a pain, hardware is a
pain..... if you dont like it at your end.... fix it.... or work around it....

what a lot of people seem to forget is that it depends on who is looking at the
problem as to whether YOU personally are a pain in butt end-user or not...

Debra
"buggerem, buggerem, millenium hand and shrimp.... "
(Foul Ole Ron? I think... )