Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 23:44:54 EST
> Then I  guess I think  the whole premise of  these status codes  is brain
> dead  :-) There  are  just  too many  operating  systems,  too many  mail

You may well be right, but it doesn't eliminate the need for
LISTSERV to supply an explanation for the status code if none other
is available in the DSN.

> What, in other  words, is the rationale for  NOT systematically providing
> the traditional  textual description in  "Diagnostic-Code:" (or in  a new
> field, it doesn't really matter)?
>
>   Eric

I agree it should be provided in Diagnostic-code, but, as you like
to point out, LISTSERV has to deal with the world as it is, not as
it should be.