Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 01:12:32 EDT
On Thu, 24 Oct 1996 20:23:15 -0500 Winship said:
>There is a way, but I'm not going to mention it and hope no one else
>does.  This is highly unethical behavior, and as Steve says it constitutes
>spamming.

There are legitimate reasons - such as an employer which has a staff list
and requires the employees to be on the list.  Keeping one from accidentally
doing an UNSUB or NOMAIL might be appropriate in that case.  If the employee
is TRYING to unsub in spite of company policy requiring the list, then you've
got a different problem.

We have a couple of internal-only lists set that way here.

Bill