Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 14:42:05 +0200
On Wed, 19 Apr 1995 22:12:00 EDT "Vickie.Banks" <[log in to unmask]> said:

>We  recently  moved a  group  of  lists  from  another location  to  our
>Listserv. Now we're receiving complaints  from the list owners. They say
>their old Listserv returned missent administrative commands, and the new
>one distributes them. All the lists are moderated, subscription by owner
>lists. So this is  when the owner sends an ADD or  DELETE command to the
>list rather than to Listserv.

I hate to sound mean, but they're right, the LISTSERV filter assumes that
the list  owner knows  the difference between  LISTSERV address  and list
address, and  makes no  attempt at  filtering privileged  commands. Every
time you  add a clause  to the  filter, you catch  potentially legitimate
messages, so  you don't really  want to add a  dozen clause just  for the
convenience of  list owners who  still don't  know where commands  go and
where postings go.

  Eric