Jim Catalano <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 11:57:46 -0500
Dear fellow list members,

I recently just joined this list, so I'm not sure if this topic has already
been discussed, but I'd appreciate any help from other listowners.

My company, a sports magazine, has appointed me to set up a moderated
mailing list for our readers. I've set up the list with no problem, but
can't quite figure out a good way to do the moderating.

My ISP has Majordomo. Any advice on working with Majordomo? How do you set
majordomo to forward a message sent to the list address to you for review
before it goes out to the rest of the list?

I'll be maintaining the list via modem and PPP on a Mac. I've heard Eudora
is helpful in moderating. Are there any good web sites out there for
listowners or majordomo?

Part of me is worried that I'm getting in over my head and will invite
thousands of people to join a list I have no idea of running. If my boss
didn't want me to moderate, it would be much easier, but the listmembers
should benefit from having me to filter out the spam and other junk mail.

Thanks in advance,
Jim Catalano
Associate Editor
Athletic Managment Magazine