Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 17:55:52 -0600
At 05:02 PM 7/14/97 -0230, you wrote:
>Thanks for the explanations, and the insight.  I did not know that
>someone could, for example subscribe anonymously to a list!
>
>I solved the problem by adding a routine to the script I use to approve
>various kinds of subscriptions.  Since I DO insist that people use their
>real names for my lists, the script picks up the address that has the
>no name message, and sends a polite note to the subscriber asking for
>their real name.  If they don't want to give it they don't belong on the
>list.

How in the world do you know if it is their REAL name.  Would I have to be
Daniel W. Lester instead of Dan Lester?   Would you know that if I said my
name was Alphonse Kozlowski that it wasn't real?  Or Bob Jones?

Just curious.

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534