"Hugh W. Jarvis" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 18:53:17 -0500
Eric, just realised I should have mentioned this a while back. Since I
have passed on the chore of managing delivery error messages to a
colleague, I have forgotten how annoying it is to receive the complete
message along with the error message and message header.  Our list,
anthro-l, with circa 1700 international subscribers gets inundated with
delivery error messages, repeat attempts, etc, etc.  This can quickly
close down an account in even a few days if one is not actively killing
bad addresses.

Is there a way to clip off the original message from the listserv
error messages...?

Hugh
- - - - - - - Hugh [log in to unmask] - - - - - - - - -
 ...tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to reply and
 remove all doubt...  (oops!)    http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~hjarvis
    -  unabashed rampant empiricist & geological opportunist  -