Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:22:37 -0400
On Sep 20, 2006, at 9:09 AM — 9/20/06, Geoffrey Loeffler wrote:

> Anyone know how I can get the site pushed out there so more folks
> can find it.  I have a group that deals with a rare disease, do not
> want to pay t company to have search engines keep plugging away,
> funding is mostly from me.  The only other way is word of mouth or
> if they just happen to stumble into L Soft's site.
>
> Do not want to be swamped just to let others with the disease know
> it's here for them.

If you code HTML into the list, I assume you can put meta tags in the
list's header to have Google find your list's web site provided that
your LISTSERV server's site administrator has not disabled the
ability of Google and other web search engines' crawlers to search
that server's web pages.

You should also try contacting organizations that support the disease
in question and ask them to publicize your list.

Also, what Pete said makes a lot of sense, start with your own email
and include a reference to your list in a signature on your outgoing
emails.