Dan Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 08:32:50 -0800
I have managed to collect several addresses on the three lists that I
manage that generate the following error mesage: "Last error: 553 5.1.1
unknown or illegal user". These folks no longer show up when I "review" the
lists and my attempts to "delete/quiet delete" them results in a message
which essentially says that it can't be done because they are not members
of the list.

If anyone has any insights into a procedure for deleting this type of
'ghost' member I would really appreciate hearing from them.

Cheers

Dan
(CANGEORG, CAGWESTE, CAGLIST)