W Schipper <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 21:50:36 -0230
One of my subscribers (the the list ENGLISC) is complaining that he
can't distinguish ENGLISC list mail from any other mail.  He claims that
majordomo can be set to include the list name in the "Subject:" line.
ENGLISC is distributed by [log in to unmask], and so I am
wondering whether LISTSERV has such a feature.  I can't find anything
in the documentation, and would concluded that what he thinks majordomo
is doing is actually being done by his mail reader (Eudora).  I pointed
out to him that the full list name occurs a number of times in the
headers, and particularly in the "Sender: " header, and this information
could be used to filter mail from ENGLISC in such a way that it does not
appear in his main mailbox.

Am I in left field on this? Has anyone heard of such a feature for
majordomo and more importantly for LISTSERV?

Bill
--
Dr. W. Schipper                     Email: [log in to unmask]
Department of English,              Tel: 709-737-4406