Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:45:47 -0500
At 05:58 02/24/2001 Saturday, Erwin Weiblen wrote:
 >in the list I am subscribed to from time to time users wonder whether
 >they really get each single mail which is distributed by the list.
 >
 >Is it possible to add a serial number to the mails, e.g. by inserting
 >a header line "X-Number: ..." ?

What would they then do if they did NOT get each one?  Corollary: what
would they do if they arrive out of order (a real possibility) and
thought they had a false-positive of a missing e-mail?

Though not the best solution, I recommend one or more of subscribing in:
digest, index, or using the WEB interface to the archives searching for
all postings since YESTERDAY e.g.,

(URL may wrap or truncate)

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?S2=lstown-l&q=&s=&f=&a=yesterday&b=