"A. Ralph Papakhian" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 13 Dec 1992 21:32:22 EST
Greetings.

Some change  some place has  caused the following situation.  At Indiana
University  Bloomington, we  have a  vax cluster  known as  IUBACS. Most
mail users use  that vax, and addresses have been  [log in to unmask] Also, the
campus internet  style pointing to iubacs  has been [log in to unmask]
Recently, the  computer center also added  a new mail handler  (known as
"Indiana") so apparently  mail from the vax cluster  gets routed through
that gateway.  Now addresses can be  xxxx@iubacs or [log in to unmask]
or xxxx@indiana or [log in to unmask]

About  the same  time,  listserv  mail from  IUBVM  addressed to  IUBACS
addresses  started getting  routed  through Indianapolis--INDYCMS  (even
though iubvm and  iubacs are in the same building,  probably in the same
room). Not only  that, but this mail  was taking as much as  24 hours to
move  from iubvm  to iubacs.  I  am trying  to  find out  enough of  how
listserv fits  into all of this,  so that I can  communicate the problem
adequately to  the computer  center staff so  that they  can reconfigure
the system  to make it reasonable  (surely this is not!?).  Does the new
version of  listserv, for  example, have  anything to  do with  this? Is
there some new  development in bitnet which forces all  listserv mail to
move from  listserv@iubvm to  listserv@indycms before it  is distributed
to subscribers?

Is there something within listserv that  can be modified here that would
solve this? Any information will be appreciated.

*GO*   Always cordially,
*!!*   A. Ralph Papakhian, Music Library (Co-Listowner for MLA-L@IUBVM)
*IU*   Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
       (812) 855-2970  [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]