"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 22:18:55 -0500
Adam Bailey wrote:

>On 1/31/98 6:25 PM, YANKI PURSUN <[log in to unmask]> wrote...
>
>>The server accepted my WELCOME and FAREWELL messages. But I think that
>>these messages are not sent to subscribers/unsubscribers?
>>
>>What else do I have to do?
>
>If you PUT the files correctly, they should be working. How do you know
>that they're not being sent?
>
>Try leaving and re-joining your list and see if you get them. Then you'll
>know for sure if something is wrong.

Better yet, get yourself a hotmail or similar free e-mail account and
send in a subcription request from that account.  I know that when I set
up my list over at maelstrom.stjohns.edu and I added myself to the list, I
did not recieve a welcome message either, and upon further query, I was
told that Listserv was smart enough to know that it didn't have to send a
welcome message to the list-owner.

Glenn