"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 10:09:00 EST
>>The enclosed  mail file  has been  identified as a  delivery error  for list
>>GIRLFRIEND! because it was sent to the reserved 'owner-girlfriend!' mailbox.
>>

>Do you have any insights?  With the other user with whom I have his problem
>the message says "user unknown" so perhaps I have part of the address wrong,
>something should be capped that isn't, maybe.  With igc., I get "service
>unavailable".  I'll try them without the bang at the end of the listname.

What ever the reason for the ORIGINAL bounce, the above '>>' quoted
section is standard LISTSERV jargon saying that the bounce went to
the OWNER-listname address, which IS the correct place for bounces
to go.  This "maps" to the list definition keyword operand of
* ERRORS-TO= which typically defaults OWNERS (*), which would be you.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                    "I've been cybertagged :-("

* my interpretation is somewhat opposed to what I've read in the List-Keyw
  doc, but based upon VM/CMS experience.