Duane Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 22:47:22 +0000
At 09:57 PM 8/2/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Duane... can't you get a life?

I LOVE IT!  A flame war on the listowners list.

I run a jeavy volume unmoderated list with no rules, but I treasure
civility. When comity breaks down, I expend great effort to quell it, but I
do it off list, and by persuasion rather than orders. As a volunteer I give
my list somewhere between a hundred and two hundred bucks worth of my time
every week.

Much of that time is spent dealing with idiots who didn't have the sense to
save their welcome letter. As long as they come to me asking politely for
help, I help them, and I never feel the need to point out to them what
assholes they are.

When someone comes to me giving me orders, demanding my time to correct
something they are to dumb to handle, I have a whole different attitude.

I think there are other members of this particular list who can understand
that.

Duane Campbell  [log in to unmask]
http://www.epix.net/~dcamp/