"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Jan 1996 11:40:28 -0600
I am trying to add a customized welcome file to be sent out automatically
via listserv.  I "got" the FILELIST file, edited it to include the
WELCOME filename and Get/Put defaults and sent it back with the
PUT VATICAN2 FILELIST PW=MYPASSWORD command.  I made no changes
in the index of notebooks.  I followed the pattern of another
list I manage in the same system which does contain a welcome
file which I can edit and PUT with no problems. Listserv sent
back an error message informing me that I am not authorized
to do what I am trying to do.

I am puzzled because I assumed that the welcome file option is
a standard listserv feature.  I am in my office now, and the
listowners' manual is in my home computer.  Thanks for any
help you can give.

Ingrid Shafer ([log in to unmask])