"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 May 1994 16:53:00 EDT
>        What I needed was what Jim Gerland provided: a statement of when
>the filter= feature was added and what documentation describes it.  I wrote
>for the file LSV-V17F CHANGES and there it was.  I missed it the first time
>around because there was so much other information provided at the same
>time.  I didn't know what would prove important for me.

Well, I guess this is a function of: one's time, interest, frequency of
requests, frequency of previous on-list comments, immediacy for info,
and position on the learning curve, vs. everyone elses'.  Certainly if
one did not have the time, or etc., then a broadcast to a list such as
LSTOWN-L seems like the course of action.

In general, my thinking is that list-owners like to be self-sufficient
in operation of their lists and that my comments about LDBASE were
directed to that class of list-owner.  It was not directed to the "I
gotta have the info now" type.

Yes, Jim does an excellent job of providing info! (Thanks) and I'm
AFD LSVOWNER PACKAGE just waiting for his next update!

/Pete