Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:54:36 -0600
=== Forwarded Message ===
(read below for why I am posting this on behalf of Nelson)

From: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:50:03 -0400 (EDT)

Paul
Thank you for you very good and long reply. Unfortunately, I had
discovered all of the tools you mentioned- I hoped I would find more. My
current task is cleanup of unused lists. Last year I had a student write
some scripts to manage and summarize the logs to get a table of usage
notes including date of first posting (in a time period), date of last
posting, number posts, and a couple other things. I'm getting subscribers
from showpoints, but it's a bit messy because we have list names longer
than 16 characters. All in all, it's a lot of futzing and a lot of perl
scripts to make this happen.

I pretty much had it all together, and now I've run into another wall.
Since upgrading to 1.8e, I can no longer use listname-request to send
customized email to owners of low usage lists. Because the emails are very
similar, listserv flags them as possible spam. So I'm going to have to
extract the addresses of the list owners and inset them. Anyway, I'm now
on 48 hour hiatus- don't know exactly how this works, so don't know when
this posting will get through.

Nelson R. Pardee

- Listserv List Manager
Listserv webpage: http://listserv.syr.edu
Web access to List Archives, Manuals, and List Management for Owners.