Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:34:43 -0700
On 25 Jun 2002, at 9:12, Pete Weiss wrote:

> Though I'm not positive of what the syntax might be, most bottom banners
> that are contained in a REPLY back to the list would also have a "quote"
> indicator which could be part of the literal used in the content filter.

I have considered this and am using two different filters to catch the
included banners.  One is ">" the other is ">-space".  This method is better
than none at all, but it doesn't catch the odd European that uses ":" or some
other character, and it doesn't catch those messages that use no delimiter at
all (such as some Microsoft mail programs)  So, I guess I'll need to add a
line to my filter for every variation of a reply.  This will make the filter
bulkier and potentially slow down server returns.   I notice that the server
also puts the top and bottom banners on messages before sending them for
approval as well.  So, if I edit a message, I have to be sure to delete those,
and I have to slow down and read it more carefully so that I do not
mistake the "new" banner for and old one, or don't let an "old" one go
through unremarked.  It would be easier on my end if the server tacked on
the banners just before sending the message out, not as they go into the
system.  (that might take care of the one banner per message problem in
the digests as well)

Liz Marr

--
 (\o/)   mailto:[log in to unmask]       KA7MYM
  /_\    http://cc-ent.com/Spiritbrook    ICQ 4014832