"Paul E. Prusakowski" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 May 2003 10:42:46 -0400
Hello everyone,

I own a listserv primarily for healthcare providers who use the forum to
discuss clinical issues to help determine the best course of treatment for
the individuals that we serve.  Recently there have been federal guidelines
for privacy and personal health information security and privacy enacted.

I was wondering if anyone else on this list has to deal with this issue, and
I am curious as to how it was addressed.  I run an international forum, so
US federal regulations are not necessarily the law for everyone.  As I
understand it, the listserv/list owner/ list moderator are not responsible
for becoming compliance officers for the entire subscriber base.  It seems
that the issue is really an issue of individual responsibility for each
subscriber to do everything possible to protect the confidentiality of their
patients/clients and still use the power of the forum to help determine the
best possible clinical plan for their patients.

I am open to any comments, suggestions, references, links, etc.

Thanks.

Paul E. Prusakowski